- What to expect before the session?In order to best prepare for your session before you arrive, I will require some information in the form of a completed client intake form. The client information helps me to best understand your situation so that when you arrive, we are able to hit the ground running. It allows us to both to be on the same page so we can get the most out of our time together.
- Why do I need to visit my history, I just want to get better?Your past history makes up the story of you and as you have picked up different ideas, patterns and beliefs about yourself from your past, your history reveals the beliefs you’ve formed in regards to how your life can and can’t be. Most of these beliefs are not exactly true but our unconscious believes them to be true so by delving into the past, it allows us to first identify and secondly change these core, underlying beliefs so you can effectively lay the foundation for everlasting change.
- What happens during the session?It will depend on the type of treatment being received. I will generally discuss the information that has been provided and we will do some coaching work. Most sessions include a hypnosis piece. During hypnosis you may talk or be asked to nod your head or to speak in response to certain questions.
- What does hypnosis feel like?Hypnosis feels different to everyone but contrary to popular belief hypnosis is a common occurrence as human beings go into hypnosis several times a day. Any time you’ve been in the car and arrived at your destination without consciously realising it you have been in hypnosis. When you go to the movies and you’re engrossed in the movie, you’re in hypnosis. You don’t even have to close your eyes to be in hypnosis.During hypnosis you will still know that you are in the room with me and you will always have the choice to follow what I am asking you to do. Even if you’re asked to speak you will still remain in hypnosis. The way to get the best out of your session is to follow the instructions as best as you can and just let yourself go. Have fun and play in the world of the unconscious.
- Who will be in control during hypnosis?You will always be in control as I cannot make you do anything that you do not wish to do, however to get the most out of the sessions it’s best to really let go, follow the instructions and be invested in the process.
- How many sessions do I need?That will depend on the presenting concern. Most treatments take between 1-4 sessions.
- How long is each session?Sessions are between 1 and 2 hours each depending on the type of treatment. See each individual treatment for the expected duration of the session.
- How regularly do I need to come?Generally sessions are booked weekly for the duration of treatment. This will be discussed up front. It’s best to start the treatment cycle when you can commit to completing sessions within the allocated timeframe.
- Do sessions need to be face to face?No, sessions can either be face to face or via Skype. Skype sessions will be run like a face to face session including the hypnosis work which will also be done via Skype. When requesting a Skype session, it’s best to have access to a reliable internet connection.
- What Do I Wear? Loose, comfortable clothing is best.
- Can I Bring A Friend for Support?Sessions work best when you are able to be completely open, honest and uninhibited. While it may seem like a good idea to bring a friend along for moral support, I strongly discourage anyone being in the session with you as it can interfere with your progress. However, if you do wish to bring someone, they are free to sit in the waiting room or go for a walk while the session is in progress.
- Can I take notes or record the session?Yes absolutely.
- Is my session confidential?Definitely. All client sessions are strictly confidential and all client files are stored in a locked cabinet for your added security.
- How can I expect to feel after the session?Everyone processes their session differently and how you feel will depend on what was explored. You may feel a little spaced out or you may feel tired and want to have a rest. Just listen to what your body is telling you.
- What should I do after the session?Take some time out for yourself. Don’t book anything immediately after your session so that you have some time to process what you have just experienced. If possible go for a walk along the beach or sit in nature for a while so that you can just be.
- Do you accept credit card?Payment can be made via credit card, EFTPOS, direct debit and cash.
- Can I pay in instalments or do I need to pay upfront?Payments are generally made up front to ensure that you commit to the duration of the program. As each week builds upon another, if you do not complete the full program as designed you won’t receive the full benefit. At times the therapy can seem tough and you may want to skip a session or pull out altogether; financially committing however, is one way to help you keep on track.
- Can I get a health fund rebate for my sessions?You will need to check with your health fund. Rebates are available from participating health funds that support hypnotherapy.
- Is there free parking?There is plenty of street parking available outside the clinic and it is also accessible by multiple bus routes.
- What If I can’t make or need to cancel my booking?24 hours notice is required to cancel or postpone your booking. If a change occurs within a 24 hour period you will be charged a cancellation fee.