Release The Past, Release The Weight.

Do you want to lose weight but you just can’t seem to stay motivated? Perhaps you know all of the right things to do, but you continue to snack uncontrollably, or overindulge in the wrong foods.

“Weight Management Has More To Do With The Mind, Than The Food”
-Mary Lynch.

I know you try hard. You probably start off with good enough intentions. But somewhere along the way, you eventually fall back into old eating habits and unhealthy behaviours. Before you know it, you’ve put back on all the weight you’ve lost, and fallen back into the perpetual cycle of crash dieting. It can be really frustrating to repeat the same patterns over and over again. If you can relate to this, then it’s time to release the past so you can kick this nasty food habit once and for all.

What Will It Take to Release The Weight?

If you’re looking for a quick fix, change isn’t going to happen overnight. For weight loss to be sustained over the course of your life, you need to make permanent lifestyle changes. These lifestyle changes need to be accepted by you, no matter if you are in an up cycle or down. It’s easy to keep up a routine when things are going well, but what about under times of stress or times of pressure? You need to be able to maintain these choices and patterns in any, and all situations to achieve the health that you want.

Why Has it Been So Hard To Lose Weight in The Past?

Only 10 percent of you is conscious of the choices that you make. The rest of the 90 percent is unconscious, and is not aware of what is happening in your current state. That 90 percent is what can prohibit you from moving forward with your weight loss goals. That 90 percent affects body functions, like your breathing and cardiovascular functions. We don’t consciously think about the fact that we’re breathing. Our body just naturally does it. But that 90 percent also governs our habits, programs and emotions.

The unconscious mind’s main job is to retrieve and store data. This is a really hard job, so the unconscious mind is always working. In order to do its job properly, it needs order. The unconscious mind sees order as programming. What eventually happens is your unconscious mind will connect overeating with being properly programmed, which the unconscious mind sees as a good thing.

For example when you’re upset, you eat cake. At first you feel better from eating the cake, or at least you think you do. You’re essentially self-soothing through food but you feel good doing it. Your subconscious mind doesn’t know the difference, it just knows that you feel good eating cake. The unconscious mind continues to support the behaviour because it thinks you need it. You continue to reach for cake over and over again each time you’re upset and after a while you don’t even realise that you’re doing it, it’s like you automatically reach for cake when you feel bad. You just want to feel better, so this is why it’s been so hard for you to get your eating under control. 10 percent of you wasn’t even aware of what the other 90 percent was doing. Luckily, hypnosis is a powerful tool, which can access the hidden part of you that is hindering your weight loss goals.

Permanent weight loss is possible
weight loss starts from within
Effective weight loss has very little to do with food

The Importance of Timing

In order for your weight loss to remain permanent, it is best to start at a time in your life when you are able to focus on yourself. To get the best out of your weight loss journey, you need to be organised and have a planned approach for what you would like to achieve. You can’t cross your fingers and hope for the best. You also can’t expect to eat unhealthy foods, and expect for the weight to magically disappear. At the very least you should have a nutrition and exercise plan in place, which will support your hypnosis sessions.

What to expect before the session?

I will ask for some information in the form of a completed client intake form before your session so that I can prepare for your session before you arrive. The client information helps me to understand what may be going on for you so that when you arrive at your session, we are able to hit the ground running and get right into it. It gets both of us on the same page before you come in so we can get the most out of our time together.

What happens during the session?

During the session, I will discuss the information that has been provided and we will do some coaching work. Once I have all the information I need and we are in agreement, I will proceed with the hypnosis piece. During hypnosis you may talk or be asked to nod your head to certain questions.

What does hypnosis feel like?

Hypnosis feels different to everyone and we go into hypnosis several times a day. Any time you’ve been in the car and arrived at your destination without consciously realising it you have been in hypnosis. When you go to the movies and you’re engrossed in the movie, you’re in hypnosis. You don’t have to close your eyes to even be in hypnosis.

During hypnosis you will still know that you are in the room with me and you will always have the choice to follow what I am asking you to do. However, the way to get the best out of your session is to follow the instructions as best you can and just let yourself go. Have fun and play in the world of the unconscious.

How many sessions do I need?

There are a total of 4 Weight management. Each session builds on the next so that you are able to strip away the old patterns, behaviours, programs and beliefs so you can build new ones that support your choice. The choice to be healthy and in control. The sessions help to keep you focussed on your goal and your new lifestyle.

How long is the session?

Sessions are up to 1.5 hours each.

How can I expect to feel after the session?

Everyone will process the session differently and it will depend on what was explored during the session. Each client will be given a recording of their first session which they can then listen to as often as they like. Depending on their presenting issues they may also require another recording with specific weight loss or weight management content which will be included as part of the program.

What should I do after the session?

Take some time out for yourself. Don’t book anything immediately after your session so that you have some time to process what occurred during the session. If possible go for a walk along the beach or sit in nature for a while so that you can just be.

Getting your weight under control isn’t just about looking good, it’s also vital to your emotional, spiritual and mental well being. If you’re looking for effective strategies and a better understanding of why and how you eat, then I can help you get started. Release the issues that are holding you back from enjoying a healthy life. Let’s finally stay on track with your weight loss goals today.


Over a period of years I have seen Mary for a variety of reasons, and she has always been great. Last year I went to see Mary to particularly focus on overeating, and the resulting excess weight. She explained what would be involved over the sessions and it was all structured around me and my progress, as everyone is different. After the first session I immediately began dropping weight.

Read more

-Leanne, 43 Administrator